||All individuals who perform the duties of a building official, inpector, or plans examiner must aslo poses an active Oregon Inspector certification. This certification is issued by the Building Codes Division (BCD) to demonstrate that a person has passed a division-approved examination that covers Oregon laws relating to state building codes, including, but not limited to architectural barrier laws governing accessibility to buildings by disabled persons.
|Statutes, Rules, Ordinances:
||3 years starting November 2010
|Fees - application, exam, etc.:
||Application fee After July 1, 2010 is $125.
||BCD - Certifications
Once the application is approved, the applicant will be notified and the exam will sent to the choosen proctor location. The applicant has 60 days to schedule and take the exam. Then proctor will return the exam to the division. Please give the division two weeks from the date of the exam to return the results.
If the applicant passes a certification number will issued
If the applicant fails, they must wait 30 days before retesting. The re-application fee is $80.00.
3 hour open book test with 52 questions.
Must receive a score of 75% or higher to pass the exam.
Oregon Revised Statutes Chapters
Oregon Revised Statutes Chapters http://www.oregonlegislature.gov/bills_laws/lawsstatutes/2013ors671.html and http://www.oregonlegislature.gov/bills_laws/lawsstatutes/2013ors672.html relating to Architects and Engineers LawOregon Administrative Rules Chapter 918 Standards and Specifications for Accessibility to Disabled Persons (http://www.oregonlegislature.gov/bills_laws/lawsstatutes/2013ors447.html) Administrative Chapters of the Oregon Residential Specialty Code (ORSC), Oregon Structural Specialty Code (OSSC) and Oregon Mechanical Specialty Code (OMSC).
|Continuing Ed Requirements:
||Oregon Administrative Rule 918-098-1450.
A minimum 16 hours of continuing education every three years beginning 2006. The classes must be as follows:
- At least one division approved code change course related to the scope of work allowed under each code specialty code program certification held, if the code related to that specific certification changed during the cycle
- At least one course must be a division approved course covering new legislation relating to the administration and enforcement of building inspection programs. this course is require to taken every other year within one year after regular legislative session (every odd year in February).
- Complete an applicaiton
- pay fee
All individuals who perform the duties of a building official, inpector, or plans examiner must aslo poses an active Oregon Inspector certification. However, the following Oregon Code Certification are exempt from the Oregon Inspector Certification requirement:
- Oregon Boiler Special inspector
- Oregon Boiler Deputy Inspector
- Oregon Boiler Process Piping Inspector
- Oregon General Post Earthquake Inspector
- Oregon Limited Post Earthquake Inspector
- Oregon Elevator Inspector
- Oregon Prefab Component Inspector
Search License Holders
Duplicate license request
Agency Contact Information
Please refer to the Agency Website for further details and additional information.
||BCD - Certifications
DCBS - Building Codes Division
PO BOX 14470
Salem, OR 97309