Text only view
Oregon.gov Licenses, Permits and Registrations
Department of Consumer & Business Services
Detailed Information for: Ginseng Grower
  1: active as of 11/18/2011.   Not the license you were searching for?
Click here to continue searching within the Oregon Licenses, Permits & Registrations directory.
Updated: 9/15/2014
Description: All persons in Oregon operating as a grower of cultivated American ginseng, Panax quinquefolius, must obtain a license.

A "grower" is defined as any person who grows cultivated ginseng, but does not include persons growing solely for: personal use, direct retail sales, direct sales to retail outlets within the state of Oregon, or direct sales to in-state processors making derivatives or extracts. Growers who sell cultivated ginseng to any dealer, to retail outlets outside of Oregon, or to processors outside Oregon do require a grower license.
Statutes, Rules, Ordinances: OAR 603-060
Duration: 1 year, May 1-April 30
Fees - application, exam, etc.:  $25.00
Responsible Agency: Agriculture Department
Fee Exemptions: Any grower who sells or ships only live immature cultivated ginseng plants for propagation.
Bonding Requirements: None
Insurance Requirements: None
Application Form: Ginseng Grower/Dealer License Application
Service Links:  Application
contact Agency Contact Information
Additional Information: Please contact the Oregon Department of Agriculture for additional information and forms.

  Agency Information
Please refer to the Agency Website for further details and additional information.
Agency Name: Agriculture Department
E-mail Address: info@oda.state.or.us
Phone: 503-986-4550
Mail Address: Oregon Department of Agriculture
635 Capitol St. NE
Salem, OR 97301 - 2532
Website Information: http://www.oregon.gov/ODA/Pages/index.aspx

Return to the Licenses, Permits and Registrations main page
Website Policies  |  Licenses, Permits & Registrations Home  |  Oregon.gov