Text only view
Oregon.gov Licenses, Permits and Registrations
Department of Consumer & Business Services
Detailed Information for: Placer Mining Authorization
     Not the license you were searching for?
Click here to continue searching within the Oregon Licenses, Permits & Registrations directory.
Updated: 1/31/2014
Description: Permit required for recreational mining such as panning, sluicing or dredging in or along Oregon's streams. The simplified permit referenced here applies to miners that disturb less than 25 cubic yards per year within essential salmon habitat streams or state scenic waterways.

Water related projects often require multiple permits. Please see Common Water Related Projects for information on other permits that may be required to accomplish your project.

Similar Keywords: prospecting, gold
Statutes, Rules, Ordinances: OAR 141-089-0245
Duration: Until January 1, 2006
Fees - application, exam, etc.:  Varies, Please see Requirements for Recreational and Small Scale Placer Mining.
Responsible Agency: DSL - Wetlands & Waterways Conservation Division
Fee Exemptions: Contact Department of State Lands
Bonding Requirements: NA
Insurance Requirements: NA
Application Form: Recreational and Small-scale Placer Mining Within Essential Salmonid Habitat and Oregon Scenic Water
Service Links:  Placer Mining Info
 Apply On-Line
 Download Application Form
contact Agency Contact Information
Additional Information: Placer mining affecting more than 25 cubic yards also requires permits. Contact Department of State Lands. Also, permits may be required from other state and federal agencies.

  Agency Information
Please refer to the Agency Website for further details and additional information.
Agency Name: DSL - Wetlands & Waterways Conservation Division
E-mail Address: dsl@dsl.state.or.us
Phone: 503-986-5200
Mail Address: 775 Summer St. NE Suite 100

Salem, OR 97301 - 1279
Website Information: http://www.oregon.gov/DSL/pages/index.aspx

Return to the Licenses, Permits and Registrations main page
Website Policies  |  Licenses, Permits & Registrations Home  |  Oregon.gov