Text only view
Oregon.gov Licenses, Permits and Registrations
Department of Consumer & Business Services
Detailed Information for: Disabled Clam Digger Permit
  40: active as of 08/31/2012.   Not the license you were searching for?
Click here to continue searching within the Oregon Licenses, Permits & Registrations directory.
Updated: 1/29/2014
Description: Issued in lieu of any of the following ODFW licenses/permits:
  • a Disabled Veteran's License,
  • a Permanent Disabilities Permit,
  • a Wheelchair Angler License, or
  • a Blind Angler License.

The Disabled Clam Digger Permit or any of the previous licenses/permits allow a person to assist a disabled clam digger to take clams, provided:
    1) Both diggers have their own containers for clams; and
    2) The disabled clam digger is within 200 feet of the assistant while the assistant is digging; and
    3) Both the digger and the assistant have a copy of the permit while digging for clams.

Requires a written certification from a licensed physician (see prerequisites).

Similar Keywords: handicapped, clamming, digging
Statutes, Rules, Ordinances: ORS 496
OAR 635-011-0104
Duration: May be permanent or time limited
Fees - application, exam, etc.:  Free
Responsible Agency: Fish and Wildlife, Department of
Prerequisites: Severely limited mobility because of paralysis or loss of use of some or all of a person's legs or arms; or
Loss of vision or substantial loss of visual acuity or visual field beyond correction; or
Unable to walk without an assistive device or unable to walk more than 200 feet.
Service Links:  Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations
contact Agency Contact Information
Required Documentation: Requires doctor's certification that the applicant meets the criteria, and whether the condition is permanent or temporary. If temporary, the date when assistance will no longer be required.
Additional Information: Issued by ODFW Newport, Charleston or Astoria Office only. A Disabled Veteran's License, a Permanent Disabilities Permit, a Wheelchair Angler License or a Blind Angler license, issued by ODFW may be used instead of the Disabled Clam Digger Permit

  Agency Information
Please refer to the Agency Website for further details and additional information.
Agency Name: Fish and Wildlife, Department of
E-mail Address: ODFW.Info@state.or.us
Phone: 503-947-6000
Mail Address: Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
4034 Fairview Industrisl Dr.
Salem, OR 97302 - 1142
Website Information: http://www.dfw.state.or.us/

Return to the Licenses, Permits and Registrations main page
Website Policies  |  Licenses, Permits & Registrations Home  |  Oregon.gov